Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 01:04 PM   #14518 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Gone Girl

Oh my god. From what I heard from the film nerds on this site, I figured I would like this movie, but not love it because so much of it went over my head. This **** was like three hours or something and I wasn't bored once. Right when the first third of the movie was over, and that first big twist happened, and the movie just turned, I thought it was over. So the rest of it almost felt like bonus movie. I never knew when it was going to end, what was going to happen, or even what the **** kind of movie I was watching. Best movie I've seen in a long time. I've probably got nothing better to add than the other people who've already gone on at length about it, so I'll just say that...

Spoiler for Spoiler:
I never thought the wife was too hot, except in that "Middle class white lady" kind of boring way, but when she came back and was all evil-android-woman, I was all about her. I totally get why Ben Affleck decided to stay, and it wasn't just about her (possibly) being pregnant. Obviously he hates her, but I think his underachieving nature is drawn to her. No matter how crazy or evil she might be, she's damn impressive. I think that scene in the shower was hands down had one of the most interesting dynamics I've ever seen in a movie. Just... damn. Just so ****ing cool. Would marry... and keep a gun hidden in each room of the house... with a video tape accusing my wife of murdering me that would go out in the event of my death... and another video of her doing that thing with the wine bottle.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 10-12-2014 at 01:13 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote