Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Albums I have never heard
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 05:15 PM   #299 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
If you can listen to tons of Batlords ****ty metal albums there's no reason you can listen to one of the best kept secrets of 90s British pop.

Auteurs New Wave album.
Go.............
That's where you're wrong pal. It's not enough to just WANT a cracker, you have to EARN it!

In other words, you can't just ask me to listen to an album because you want me to. That's not how it works. You need to sell it to me. Why should I listen to it? Most if not all of what I've listened to here has been either from artistes I've heard of, or even heard but not heard that album, or the album has been known to me even if I don't know the artiste. Sort of. But if I listened to every album recommended here I'd be here till I was 90.

So if you want me to listen to this one, tell me why? I usually have to be either curious, drawn to, or even want to listen to an album, and none of these apply in this case. I don't know, or know of, the Auteurs so why should I care? There's nothing about the album that piques my interest. Sure I could Wiki but you and Goofle are the ones trying to get me to listen to it, so tell me why I should?

I'm really busy with Metal Month II, and my other journals, and trying to keep up with several clubs, so if I'm going to take time out to listen to another classic album this month it's going to have to be worth my while. Tell me why it will be. Not saying mind you that I WILL listen to it, but if you convince me I may consider it.