Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 05:23 PM   #14521 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post

Man, Japan sure makes some weird **** sometimes.

I loved it.
this movie is in my top ten of all time.....i watch it monthly

and batlord there is no "possibly" in your spoiler

that being said

i am officially off vacation mode and was able to go catch a flick this morning and that film was obviously

Gone Girl

so to start off some perceptions having read the book

you don't need to read the book if you saw the movie....the only real and major difference is the end and really it's not different....just the book gives you a lot more....which i think the author actually did on purpose....as in...if you read the book you just get a tad bit more into the minds of these two VERY sick individuals who deserve each other 100%

other than that the two things i mainly noticed was that the sister never wore a Butthole Surfers t-shirt and that the lawyers wife was not in it at all....but i will say this for the latter....although she was a character i really liked and in the book she does play a pivotal role the author simply blended her character with the lawyer himself which saved screen time....and she kept in one of my favorite scenes which involved her....so absolutely no gripes on that part

so what we have here is David Fincher doing what he does best....enthralling an audience.....i tell you what.....this is without spoilers....but the audience was getting a little restless about half way through the film....as in a little chatter, seeming louder popcorn intake and the fucking bitch next to me kept moving her straw up and down (i fucking hate that noise)....but when the revelation came at the half way mark.....you could here a pin drop in the theater....and it stayed that way all the way to the end

as always Fincher simply makes an amazing movie full of tense characters, haunting cinematography and an amazing soundtrack....and as usual his source material was already well written....he has an uncanny knack for bringing written characters to life perfectly

for me watching this movie was like re-reading the book so from that aspect perfect....i also tried hard to imagine myself as having not read the book.....and i'm positive this will be a wonderful film experience for anybody

a definite 5/5 and easily in my top ten films of the year
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote