Music Banter - View Single Post - What is music, what is not?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 10:28 AM   #91 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
No, actually. It's just as ignorant of you to tell me that my opinion is close-minded, when you know that I'm not like that. Anyway the probelm I have with Ninetales is not that he does not agree with me --- he's entitled to that. It's his contention that my opinion does not count. It's the nasty slur he's directing at me. I know he probably doesn't mean to be nasty, but he is. If I don't think someone running ten photocopiers at once onstage is music, then I'm close-minded, am I? Would you prefer I pretended to like things I don't like, or just run along with the crowd? At least I'm being honest.

And I'll state one more time before I leave this: my opinion is MINE. It is NOT for ANYONE to call it shitty; you can disagree with me, say I think you're wrong etc but to use that sort of childish language is beneath anyone, and I'm annoyed at it. Nobody has a right to tell me my opinion is shitty. My opinion is mine; just because it doesn't chime with yours, his, or anyone else's does not make it wrong.

Now leave me alone: I have metal reviews to write...
I agree with this entire post.

I don't think people should be forced or bullied into expressing an opinion just to please others.

Whether someone thinks it is close minded or not, it is still YOUR opinion what you consider to be as music or what you consider not to be music.

Just my 2 cents.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote