Music Banter - View Single Post - Sidewinder's Top 10 Albums from Every Year (1965-)
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #45 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

I made an exception and included an EP this year because fucking Skinny Puppy. This was their first official release after their demo, and it's fucking great. Metallica is one I don't find myself in the mood for very often, if at all, but it's a classic I can't ignore. At times, during my metal youth, I liked it more than Master of Puppets. I don't think I need to explain most of the others, maybe The Long Ryders. If you're not familiar with them and you like The Byrds' country rock, check it out. I'll also add that there are 27 albums on my to-do list for this year, including Black Flag, Alien Sex Fiend, Run-D.M.C., Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Stranglers, The Church, The Fall, Subhumans, Naked Raygun, The Ex, Talk Talk, The Gun Club, New Model Army, Flipper, Die Kreuzen, Television Personalities, Laughing Clowns, and a few others. Any strong feelings for any of those, let me know! I feel like as I go through these years and make these to-do lists on the side, I'm never gonna have time to listen to them all!

1. The Smiths - The Smiths
2. Meat Puppets - Meat Puppets II
3. Metallica - Ride the Lighting
4. Skinny Puppy - Remission
5. Depeche Mode - Some Great Reward
6. R.E.M. - Reckoning
7. Tones on Tail - Pop
8. Hüsker Dü - Zen Arcade
9. Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime
10. The Long Ryders - Native Sons