Music Banter - View Single Post - Yet another introduction
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
wrongeneration
Groupie

Default Yet another introduction

Hi, I joined this forum to transfer my musical rantings from facebook to here and possibly channel them into something constructive, rather than berating my friends for sharing yet another link to some generic pop punk track.

I would describe my music tastes as being quite unusual, but I'm sure you lot on here have heard that before, I'll give examples of the sort of stuff I'm into and let you decide. First of all I'm 20 so bare in mind that my generation think that an unusual song is some Dubstep 'song' that emits some particularly irritating noise repeatedly.

I'm a massive fan of all things proper punk, I can't abide pop punk. I like anything from the Sex Pistols to the contemporary garage punk scene. I would suggest Ty Segall, but I guess he's more stoner rock and dare I say it I'm a massive Sonic Boom 6 fan.

I also really like any ska and reggae, I can't get enough of that first wave stuff, Desmond Dekkar is one of note but I like all the other usual's like Toots and the Maytals, Prince Buster etc.

I like anything that's unusual, pioneering, vintage sounding,unpredictable and has a driving rhythm so that encompasses everything from Joe Meek to The Cramps. I can't stand anything that has a blanded out generic sound, that's typically found in the charts. I also can't stand any forms of EDM, god that stuff is so repetitive.
As a rule all the stuff I listen to has to have a novelty value, so I guess that means I'm certainly no Coldplay fan.
wrongeneration is offline   Reply With Quote