Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Albums I have never heard
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 05:46 AM   #302 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Ah that could apply to any album. I've loads more to do in front of it so maybe, at some point. But neither of you have sold it to me, so I don't know. Nobody has said what's so great about it. I could ask about Blur's "Parklife" and you could give me a million reasons --- well, three maybe --- why I should listen to it, or "Tarkus" or "Reign in blood" or any other album. Nothing I've heard so far has marked out these Auteurs as anything I should go out of my way to listen to, and to be honest I'm not that interested. I have far too much to get through as it is.

Thanks for the rec but I'll take it under advisement.
Well if you're just not interested in Britpop then it is what it is, but I've been interested in dipping my toes into that genre past Blur and Oasis for a little while, and the fact that Urban and Goofle, two people whose musical tastes I highly respect, are giving it so much praise, then that's enough to peak my curiosity all by itself.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote