Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Green Day Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 10:04 AM   #1315 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

I just wanted to say that I read the first few pages of this thread, and it served as no surprise that those who were praising this 'punk' band that some were hilariously called an 'emo' band (I really laughed out loud, that somebody actually thinks that Green Day is an emo band...) seemed to be still in high school and in their teens. That explains the adoration.

They're a nominee in the Rock Hall Of Fame purely for the fact of how long they've been around, their massive fanbase, and amount of albums sold. What more could it be based on? There's nothing really impressive musically, whatsoever. I understand Nine Inch Nails being a nominee, an impressive body of work with that band (well, it's been mainly Trent Reznor doing everything since the bands inception when Richard Patrick of Filter and Marylin Manson were in the band as guitarists...) But, why Green Day other than the reason I mentioned? Popularity, popularity, popularity...contest. That's why for the most part I ignore this once respectable thing called The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame. It's a joke anymore...
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote