Music Banter - View Single Post - The weirdest list I've Ever Seen
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 10:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Thelonious Monkey
Caesar is home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
"Look, as far as we know, our asymmetrically coiffed party pal has never held a guitar in his life. But no contemporary musician has a more primal understanding of adrenaline-pumping, pulse-raising, chest-caving bulldozer riffs than dubstep mosh ambassador Skrillex. Somewhere between the unfiltered piston-pumps of nü-metal and the twinkling emocore melodies that weaned him is a gaping sarlacc of yawping melodies and buzzsaw edges. The bass drop to "Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites" might just be this generation's "Smoke on the Water" — look no further than the obscene number of "Skrillex guitar cover" videos on YouTube!"

The moment I saw Skrillex, I ****ed off. The bolded bit...makes me rage so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I might say that but then again I did see a few that do. As I mentioned Robert Fripp, Neil Young, Frank Zappa, Vernon Reid, and Dimebag Darrell do make those Greatest Gutiarist of All Time lists. Oh, I forgot to mention Tony Iommi as well, who can rank pretty high on some of them, all depending. Please note there is nothing wrong with them, it's just that they are part of the gang Spin wanted to ignore. So in my opinion it failed its mission statement.

HyperVocal | SPIN's 100 Greatest Guitarists List Is an Epic Fail

While I didn't take the list seriously, I have to say the list have some seriously good guitar players on it.
No dimebag darrel. But ****ing skrillex. I don't understand this. Can someone explain why this is the case?
Thelonious Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote