Music Banter - View Single Post - What is music, what is not?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 02:13 AM   #132 (permalink)
Dylstew
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Yeah I think I would have to agree with this to some degree. I've tried to make a point of staying fairly neutral on this thread so far, but I will have to break from that momentarily. I wouldn't say by any means that thinking grindcore isn't music is a bad opinion as I personally believe that no opinion is a bad one, however, as with the Justin Beiber analogy if it was the artists intent to make music or producer/whoever the hell makes his music it is music weather or not I like it has nothing to do with that. I feel by dismissing a substantial genre of music that has been accepted as a music genre because it doesn't sound like something you know as music limiting it? Isn't the nature of music to constantly expand and push the boundaries of what we have come to define as music? Isn't that the job of artists to break perspective and make it something new?
I think bad opinions exist. Not necessarily the opinions themselves, but the ones withh arguments so horrible you just can't take the opinion seriously.
Dylstew is offline   Reply With Quote