Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 02:21 PM   #29118 (permalink)
Ninetales
Music Addict

highschool is great, and I think not having a good time during it is something youd regret. my hs was relatively small, but there was still tons of people that I found were easy to befriend (might be different with my case tho, as there were still sort of cliques, they were fairly fluid, so it wasn't really "jocks" over here "nerds" over there. There was maybe 10-20 people at my graduation that I didn't know).

My advice is to go to parties, drink, have fun. do things. just experience stuff. Even if you don't like it, it's great learning and practice for the future. You can never start networking too young. I feel as though a lot people who talk most about how others don't understand them just need to interact with people more. I may have used this example before here but there was this girl that I went to HS with who, at the time, I thought was just a typical "dumb blonde" popular girl type. We rarely talked much then (had some mutual friends, and she hosted some parties, but not much else), but yeah I basically cast her off as that. After highschool she ended up going to the same uni as me for a semester and we had breaks together and now we're still great friends.

Highschool is basically just a pile of misconceptions and typecasting (and not just on the popular kids side), but really you can find common ground with almost anyone.

I don't even know if I made any advice in this post lol but ~party~ would be my main one
Ninetales is offline   Reply With Quote