Music Banter - View Single Post - People who truly appreciate music
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Midgar77
Groupie

Default People who truly appreciate music

It seems like nobody nowadays truly appreciate music.
When I listen to a lot of music, I feel a certain way that I can't describe, and a lot of times music really makes me think.
I feel like I'm typically the most alive when I listen to certain types of music, and I can just sit around and listen to a whole album and feel like I'm on top of the world.

I've heard/read stories about how a lot of people used to be like that, back in like the 1970s and 1980s. People would just listen to The Dark Side of the Moon in its entirety and absolutely love it.

However, it seems like most people nowadays don't have this kind of connection at all. Am I wrong? Am I just not looking in the right place?

I'm only 20 so I was never able to experience the 1970s or 1980s (or even the great alt rock decade of the 90s), but I have met a few people back in high school who had such a strong connection with music and even if we didn't have the same musical taste, we were able to bond over this connection.

Please tell me that there are still people out there who are like this? I'm not talking about people who listen to the most recent Ariana Grande song and say that it changed their life. I'm talking about people who listen to Siamese Dream by the Smashing Pumpkins and feel a certain way that nothing else can make them feel or think.
Midgar77 is offline   Reply With Quote