Music Banter - View Single Post - Self-defense: a white privilege?
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Yes, white privilege does exist although some white people will tell you otherwise.

It is pretty sad really when a race can not acknowledge that they were born into a privilege because of the color of their skin. It is sad that they do not see how their skin allows them advantages that minorities will always be at a disadvantage simply because they are not white.

For the record, I love everybody and thank God for everyone because we all deserve equality and respect regardless of what race we are but there is simply no denying this social construct that I often see white people in denial about (which proves even more the entitlement and ambivalence with white privileged).

I will just say this and end it, if those 3 teenagers that were shot multiple times and killed in Ferguson were white, all hell would have broke lose but I guess since they were black teenagers in low class/underprivileged neighborhoods its "not that big of a deal".(Like with most racial crimes that involve young black men in America)

If that cop was African American and those three teens were white in a upper class neighborhood, best believe it would have been a different story....
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote