Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 02:49 AM   #29154 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Mortem View Post
High school was weird for me. Went to four different high schools, met my first boyfriend from one of their forums, got drunk with him and his graduated friends all the time but still kept that 4.0 son. I really didn't give a **** about the people in the school because I already had folks to hang with when the bell rang. Just read a lot, headphones in constantly, never got ****ed with or talked to, except by teachers who thought I had family problems and wouldn't leave me the hell alone.

Moral of the story. Find your high school's forum or Facebook page. I mainly met people that had graduated and were trolling them, but it was still friends in the area. And meanwhile, do the lone wolf thang.
I kind of was always a little bit of a loner at high school. I was my own person and had my own style and opinions which didn't go down well for the sheeple. I was bullied by the guys of my school because they thought I was ugly, my white skin was disgusting (tan was the only acceptable skin colour) and I was a loser. They made sure I knew about it. Of course these were the "cool guys". The "cool" girls avoided me and talked about me away from my face. I made a best friend who also got bullied for being white skinned and ginger and through a school camp I made friends with a group of guys into heavy metal and were not the normal sport playing idiots. Because I was an outsider I ended up doing things alone a lot. When I got to 15 I dyed my hair and gained a big confidence. I befriended lots of guys and girls from another school through smoking together at the bus stop before school and introduced my bestie to them. I dated guys and dressed differently so by that point was called a "skank" and "slut" but also was considered highly intelligent and did well at school. I had a lot of fun with my bestie and we did musicals together, went to parties, got wasted on alcohol and weed and enjoyed our time as much as possible. Teachers got so mixed up that they callled me her name and her my name. That's how inseparable we were. Me and her literally laughed about everything and everyone. We had tons of inside jokes which made time in high school fun.

I had many rumours going around about me all throughout high school like: one boob was bigger than the other (true), I stuffed my bra, I was a lesbian, I got fingered in religious studies class and was moaning, I kissed girls, I had a online dating profile (someone made it without me knowing), etc.

In the last year of school most people had matured and people were nice to me. Some girls wished they had known me earlier better. I was skinny as **** (with b cup boobs) so many girls who talked to me finally said they wish they had my body. I got awards at my last year of school and graduated with University entry, No one was surprised.

I found high school upsetting and fun at the same time. You have to make it fun or you end up alone and miserable. Don't judge people before actually getting to know them. You might find a best friend that you can share everything with like I did. It's been 14 years that we have been friends (we did have a break up for 2-3 years after a big fight during 2nd year at college) and I'm going to her wedding in January.

I learned that people secretly admired me for my big personality, my ability to be myself and not follow what's cool. I realised by the last year of high school that I became the confident and happy person I am through being bullied. I took something horrible and built up my defences and didn't let the hate bother me. During University I had the bullies go out of their way to chat to me and were really nice. People can take a long time to mature, it's not always personal if they attack you. A lot of hurtful comments stem from their own insecurities and crazy hormones.