Music Banter - View Single Post - Prog Mag Album review (P27)
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 04:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dominic Dez
Groupie

Default Prog Mag Album review (P27)

I liked several of the songs from this album a lot, I also liked the Icelandic band (Solstafir) they reviewed but talk about that later.

The Pineapple Thief(artist)/simple as that (song), medium tempo, I feel it has a smooth sometimes spacey feel to it. Nice drum and electric guitar solos. Nice song.

Amplifier/black rainbow. Fast tempo, heavy on bass and drums. Ok.

The Mighty Handful/light fantastic, I like the groovy psychedelic intro, a bit too repetitive though.

The Sixxis, really groovy intro, fast-paced drumming and electric guitar, vocals and guitar/drums work well together. Song really drives forward. Top stuff!

Enchant – transparent man – nice synth. Cool guitar solos.

A Formal House, I lean- I found it a bit lacking, soft acoustic-looking but without the cool prog feel I was looking for.

Schnauser – some nice drum rolls, otherwise was ok.
I am the morning (os lunatum) – awesome piano intro, piano follows the vocals, vocals have a nice echo feel. Pretty good song.

Chat noir (aspect) - spacey feel, piano riff/ostinato and artificial sounding intro, fairly odd not really feeling it.

Interstatic – Iwato (song) –, instrumental song, awesome electric guitar and drum mix. Drums move from jazz to a more rock sounding drum beat with nice solos on both guitar and drum. Really skilled musicians here, top marks. A conversation between the guitar and drum with a synth East Asian riff coming through.
Dominic Dez is offline   Reply With Quote