Music Banter - View Single Post - The evolution of your taste
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Pet_Sounds
Remember the underscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine View Post
Born in 1999

1999: Steady stream of garage rock and 60's psych (Velvet Underground, The Beatles)

2001: Neo-Psych, Alt Country (The Flaming Lips, Uncle Tupelo, Wilco)

2003: More garage rock and experimental music (Kraftwerk, Stereolab, Death By Chocolate, Everything But The Girl, Velvet Underground)

2005: Krautrock, Psych, Experimental, Soundtrack (Can, Neu!, Faust, Cluster, Ennio Morricone, Stereolab)

2008: First time I started to branch out on my own Classic Rock, Rock, Heavy Metal (Metallica, Guns N' Roses, An Endless Sporadic)

2010: Grunge, Post-Grunge (Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Pearl Jam)

2012: It was the end of this year I heard Radiohead for the first time completely changing my taste in music for the last 2 1/2 years. Metal, Nu-Metal, Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Funk Metal (System Of A Down, Opeth, Primus, Megadeath, Slayer, Radiohead, Tool)

2013: This is where things started to get really diverse for me musically Experimental, Prog-Metal, Prog-Rock, Psych, Post-Rock, Shoegaze, Post-Metal Drone, Indie Rock (Opeth, Tool, Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, Sigur Ros, Tortoise, Porcupine Tree, My Bloody Valentine, Arcade Fire, Sonic Youth, Public Image Ltd., Pink Floyd)

2014: and here we are now. Folk-Punk, Bebop, Experimental, Industrial, Alt. country, Neo-Psych, Electronic, Krautrock l, Hip-Hop, Jazz Rap (Andrew Jackson Jihad, Wilco, The Flaming Lips, Can, Swans, Oneotrix Point Never, Cloud Nothings, MF DOOM, Tyler The Creator, Miles Davis, Outkast, Radiohead, NIN, Ink Siblings, Beck)
Wait, so you're fifteen? There are a lot of us on this forum.