Music Banter - View Single Post - People who truly appreciate music
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 02:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Necromancer
Divination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgar77 View Post
I'm only 20 so I was never able to experience the 1970s or 1980s (or even the great alt rock decade of the 90s), but I have met a few people back in high school who had such a strong connection with music and even if we didn't have the same musical taste, we were able to bond over this connection.

Please tell me that there are still people out there who are like this? I'm not talking about people who listen to the most recent Ariana Grande song and say that it changed their life. I'm talking about people who listen to Siamese Dream by the Smashing Pumpkins and feel a certain way that nothing else can make them feel or think.
I've experienced the music of the 70s 80s and 90s. And the only difference in connection, since you're a lot younger than I am, is the memories that any particular song might reflect.

As far as vibe, it's all either your style of taste in music or not. What was cool sounding in the 80s for example hair metal, doesn't necessarily have the same vibe today. A lot of it sounds cheesy and outdated.

I get the impression you're talking about the difference between someone that just randomly listens to the radio, and someone that is a little more dedicated music enthusiast that appreciates music more than your average listener does. Someone that prefers listening to whole albums versus just the popular songs that are on the album.
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote