Music Banter - View Single Post - People who truly appreciate music
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss View Post
Music has just become so cheap these days, meaning it is so easily obtained. I constantly have a huge list of albums I'm trying to squeeze in to my busy schedule. To the point that I don't really give them the time they deserve to really grow on me. That was not the case in the past. You relied on saving up your hard earned money to buy something, getting a tape from friends, or listening to the radio. When you got something good you wore it out. Now there are just too many others in the queue. Every year I say I'm going to buy less and listen more like I used to but every year I'm trying one album after another. But to answer the original question, once I find a great album (like Atlas by Real Estate this year) I will throw on the headphones and listen and not play on my phone or whatever and I get transported.
i was having a conversation about this very thing last night

saving up and getting albums was once so precious....and when you found them that was all you listened to....the search was such a great part of the experience and in my opinion just made the find that much better....i think in many ways i still hold onto that value when it's something i've really been looking forward to but at the same time i really flood myself with stuff these days....so i think it's not quite the same....i still always listen to an album from beginning to end when i get it.....but it really has to be special for a binge on it
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote