Music Banter - View Single Post - The evolution of your taste
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 07:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
HellCell
Music Addict

I'll do a copy and paste. Since age was brought up I'm 21, if that means anything.

When did you discover your genre of choice?
Generally, my favored genre is metal (of many varieties) and it's been this way since 2010. I discovered my interest simply by listening to a lot of music but my ears followed the route to metal.
Internet radio and YouTube has been a major catalyst as an important note.

When did you discover your favourite band/artist?
Like many here, favorites is a concept that's too black and white. I will say a notable artist, Norther, was discovered first through Pandora as I was listening to my Dimmu Borgir radio station.

When did you last discover a new genre?
None of the genres I've listened to has been profoundly new, but I didn't realize the name of the music I listened to was symphonic metal until 2010. Does that count? Nor did I dive deep into it until that year either.

Would you consider your tastes set in stone?
It's fairly rigid. I still haven't been big into jazz, classical, r & b, pop, rap, country, etc. that's outside of my umbrella.
Set in stone I can't say. I reckon few people are that 2 dimensional.

Overall, how long have you held your current tastes?
2010-Present. I could travel back in time show the exact same music to my old self and I bet he would enjoy it. Before that.. Would be interesting because I listened to the local radio station and MTV as my influence.
HellCell is offline   Reply With Quote