Music Banter - View Single Post - Time & Place
Thread: Time & Place
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #51 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

This is a pretty honest review and I also once remember you stating how unimportant the quality of a vocalist was when the quality of the music is top notch. I'm also quite envious of your musical knowledge when you discuss the playing ability of the band members in some detail, but I'm guessing that you have a pretty sound musical knowledge when it comes to playing ability to do this. I can't play a single instrument and don't really have that great a knowledge when it comes to debating over the merits of certain musicians in any great depth. Which is why my own personal reviews tend to skirt around the technical side of an album, but if I did have any real knowledge then I'd certainly include it in my reviews.

I see this album as a flawed classic but for different reasons than your own, as my critique of this album is largely down to its track selection order more than anything else.

One thing of note that often bugs me, is that Iron Maiden are without doubt one of the biggest infleunces on power metal, but you'll constantly get people going on about how cheesy power metal is and then in the next breath how great Iron Maiden are. I think your review just proves that there is actually very little difference between Iron Maiden and the host of power metal bands out there in terms of style. As you've probably noticed I'm a pretty big power metal fan, so cheese and metal go down nicely with me.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote