Music Banter - View Single Post - Gavin Rossdale - Kurt Cobain
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 11:14 AM   #31 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Music forums like a lot of forums are quite specialized in that they’ll attract hardcore listeners who have listened to a huge and wide variety of music and between all of these listeners they’ve more of less covered everything out there and will usually disagree on what’s good etc. But one thing that they usually do have in common is what’s bad. Most serious listeners will agree that bands like Limp Bizkit, Nickelback, Creed and a band like Bush are crap bands that should be avoided, but that’s not to say that some serious music listeners won’t enjoy them. So you may dig out some Bush fans on here but don’t expect them to be flooding the thread.

I am smug when it comes to music, you’ll find that on a lot of forums, just never take it personally.

Sure you can do it, but it won’t work as evidence in court as everybody knows it already.
I can understand the text in bold from your post, and I do agree with it. And despite me liking Bush so much, they hardly come close to being really that great. I just happen to enjoy them and regard them as my favorite grunge band. Yes, there are better grunge bands, many of them. But I like Gavin and his voice, songwriting. There is evidence of me expressing how amazing I think Bush is, but that is exaggerated just for the sake of it. I can admit that part of me hoped to discover other members here that appreciate Bush like I do, despite what they stood for. They're a bit of a different band these days.

I can take your smugness, and I figured you didn't mean it in a way that was meant to offend me, and I'm happy to see that you understood that my post about how you were coming off to me wasn't meant to be an attack, it was purely to see what your intentions were, and what I thought they were, happened to be correct. So we're good my friend.

As for me expressing things that are common knowledge. I'll plead the fifth.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote