Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 12:57 PM   #14535 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I think my fav scene might have been near the end of the first third, when...

Spoiler for spoiler:
... the cops finally start putting pressure on Ben Affleck, right after the wife's "friend" drops the pregnancy bombshell. Up until then, the police had been very laid back, almost friendly at times, I guess to keep him relaxed. Then on a dime they switch gears and just throw him completely off balance. The movie had been very slow-burning up till that point, and then all of a sudden it was so intense I started trembling. It really showed just how mediocre shows like CSI are with their interrogation scenes that try too hard to be intense and just end up feeling cliched.

It wasn't as obviously a standout scene as the shower scene or when the wife kills Neil Patrick Harris, but it was the scene that made me go from highly interested to totally sucked in.
Spoiler for spoiler:
I think what did that for me was when I realized that everything in the wife's flashbacks was a lie, and that all of the scenes we had actually seen were completely false. It made me lose my mind a little bit, and I felt like I didn't know who or what to trust- which is brilliant, because that's exactly how everyone in the movie was feeling, too. It made me feel like I was actually inside of the movie, rather than just watching it.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote