Music Banter - View Single Post - Gavin Rossdale - Kurt Cobain
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #34 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
I like both, i always liked Bush but i prefer Nirvana over them cause imo they had a better defined sound.

Bush i liked but i never quite figured out what is their signature sound, they could go from a heavy song to a ballad and they do it well but idk i still prefer Nirvana.

Vocal wise Gavin has a more melodic voice but Kurt has a better screaming voice that portrays more angst than Gavin.
To me Gavin wants to sound good while Kurt is just looking for a build up to scream something and i prefer that. i prefer nonsensical screams over refined singing.

Rhythm wise, Nirvana is better.
I prefer them cause they set a darker mood with their songs where as Bush takes a more conventional approach.

i actually do prefer Bush lead guitars cause they sound like Joey's lead guitars but in terms of a more unique music arrangement i prefer Nirvana.

One last thing, Bush is in no way a Nirvana rip off band.. idk why some ppl say that.
Gavin is the better singer, but I understand why many others prefer Kurts vocals, some of it has to do with what you described, some of it doesn't. And this is what this thread was meant to be, just a topic to discuss who people prefer as a singer, not a 'Bush ripped off Nirvana, they suck, die in a fire' type of topic haha. It's all good though.

It's actually easy to call Bush a Nirvana rip off, I could name maybe six or seven songs right now that sound like Nirvana could have written them; Little Things, Everything Zen, Swallowed, The People That We Love (to a point, but not as much as other songs), and that's to name a few. People also thought Bush borrowed or ripped off guitar chords as well...
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote