Music Banter - View Single Post - My Album/Song Of The Day
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #16 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

Day 10 10/21/14

GY!BE: Raise Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven

I have no doubt that this band really doesn't need all that much explanation , but nonetheless I will provide some. Godspeed You! Black Emperor, is a post-rock and instrumental rock band lasting from the mid-90's to the early 00's, and subsequently reformed back in 2010 and have released an album and gone on your since. They're first album the critically acclaimed F# A# ∞ mainly spread by word of mouth has since become a post-rock classic, they're next release was the EP Slow Riot For Zerø Kenada which was also critically acclaimed upon release featured many of the elements what would become the album above Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven using music instead of words to recreate misery and devastation. The music acting as the narrator and the listener forced to cope. This album led into 2000's release of Lift You Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven a masterful work of instrumental beauty and sadness. First off this is a double album made up of four tracks (one for each side) each clocking in at approximately 20 minutes in length so prepare for a long ride. Also don't go into the album expecting immediacy and I cannot stress this enough, the album is very detailed and intricate.the album is also dynamic some moments it might be louder and heavier and moments very soft and quiet (like in side three in the section named Monhiem has this dynamic contrast in an epic 13-minute build up) so don't go in expecting a normal rock or even post-rock album this is not that. However, once prepared its an album that you'll find yourself loving, and always finding new things to discover about it. An album truly worth its praise and hype that it gets. If you don't like it upon first listen (like me) I implore you to try it again, and again, and again if that's what it takes.

That's all I really have to say about the album so check it out for yourself if you haven't already. Link below!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PZwQeZh6rP0
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote