Music Banter - View Single Post - My Album/Song Of The Day
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

Day 12 10/23/14

Andrew Jackson Jihad: Knife Man

Knife Man is the type of album that doesn't squarely fit into any one genre, its the type of album that is constantly trying new things with the one thread going throughout the album is singer and guitar player Sean Bonnete's lyrics about death, rasicm, poverty, love, hate, or anything else bad and almost make fun of it to a certain degree describing these horrible situations and describing them in hilarious detail. All the songs on the album are fantastic from the 20 second intro to the epic finale. Songs like Gift Of The Magi 2: Return Of The Magi, Distance, Hate Rain On Me, Sorry Bro, and Skate Park show the full out punk rock that was coming to fruition on Can't Maintain tracks like Heartilation and We Didn't Come Here To Rock. While other tracks like American Tune, Fucc The Devil, Zombie By The Cranberries By Andrew Jackson Jihad, and People II 2: Still Peoplin' (a song worth hearing just by the name itself) retain much of the folk-punk and acoustic balladry we saw on some of their earliest releases. What we hadn't seen up to this point were tracks like Backpack, No One, Sad Songs, and Free Bird showing a strong influence in traditional and Country music. And last, but certainly not least is the closer Big Bird a track not dissimilar to White Face, Black Eyes on Can't Maintain closes off the album in a total grand finale. Now I'm going to stop talking and let you listen for yourself.

Link below!!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IX7TRD6XaRs
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote