Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #9698 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holerbot6000 View Post
especially a Boomtown Rats fan!) I know what it's like to get dumped on. I like pure pop too.
Boomtown Rats had a great sound and were really en vogue in the UK in the late 70s and early 80s and they were one of the biggest bands here and I have their first four albums. But then all of a sudden around 1982 I think they just nosedived and everybody seemed to forget about them. They're just remembered now because they were the band of Bob Geldof.

Quote:
If you want to state an unpopular musical opinion about the Cars, say that Panorama was their best album.
Panorama is the quirkiest and most offbeat album that they ever put out and it's really just an album for die-hard fans, surprisingly though for such a gloomy album it was a big seller, despite the fact it was devoid of any obvious hit singles. This though was its biggest hit, I love both video and the song, but I can't see too many norms on here digging it

Panorama also contains one of their best ever songs as well:

If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote