Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #2443 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Business as usual eh not liking one of my pics Anyway I’ve got crocodile skin (you need that when you’re a Styx fan) so no problem.

Personally I can’t believe that you can’t see the metal link (even if you class it as a hard rock album) here from 1972. The band play like Deep Purple and Uriah Heep, and sound like the Flower Travellin’ Band meaning that they sound off their rockers. It’s fairly normal for any German band at this time to have Krautrock tendencies and the jazz is a nice touch.

To say that Night Sun should have no link to say 1980s metal, is to to say that both Deep Purple and Uriah Heep shouldn’t either, as all are bands that share the same principal characteristics of using the same type of guitar and organ sound. Night Sun display real speed on several songs and combine them with mid-paced pounders, I’ve reviewed numerous albums with that same combination recorded quite a few years after this album and the combination of speed and medium pace is a staple for many metal bands, you even mentioned the Tony Iommi inspired doom on one track as well.

Bands like Night Sun are cult bands amongst metal enthusiasts and without these bands I doubt metal in the 80s would have been as interesting.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote