Music Banter - View Single Post - My Album/Song Of The Day
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 03:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

Day 13 10/24/14

Tool: Ænama

Today's album comes from famed math rock/post - metal band Tool. Starting off in 1990, Tool's first official release was the Opiate EP in 1992, it's sound was based around hard hitting instruments with a hard rock styling. This was followed up by the god, but not quite great album Undertow which contained there hit Sober, the album marked a change in direction leaving the hard rock styling behind for a slower sludgy approach creating long drones while keeping the intensity of Opiate. After Undertow Tool went on a long tour not returning with new material until the release of 1996's Ænema which farther brought out the sludgy and long winded tracks from Undertow. In fact the album as a whole is much more formed and complex than anything on Undertow. In addition to this the longer tracks no longer feel starched out with each song deserving of its length never too long or short (Pu****, Eulogy, Third Eye, and H being the longer ones, and Stinkfist, 46 and 2, and Hooker With A Penis being the shorter). Another surprise on the album are the inclusion of filler tracks, but not the bad kind, the type instead that makes what could be an album that feels way to long digestible and gives you moments of peace to really enjoy the longer ttacks. They are not only a moment of rest, but some provoke thought and are quite interesting Message To Harry Manback, Die Ear Von Satan (which is hilarious) do that for me. To this day it's still one my favorite metal releases of all time check it out when you have the chance.

LINK BELOW!?!?!?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yCXrgASzf50
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote