Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 08:21 PM   #2453 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
It's sad to listen to Araya's piercing voice deteriorate over the years.

Trollheart you listen to Daft Punk? Since when?
First off, thanks for the comments and sorry for being so long getting back to you. As you can I'm sure appreciate, my plate is very full at the moment.

Re the variety here, yes I tried, even in the original Metal Month, to make sure that there was as much and as different metal as I could. No point in just filling the month up with progressive metal, power metal and other metal bands I liked: who would read that? So I determined to step outside my metal comfort zone, and try some of the harder, more extreme or less accessible (to me) bands and genres. Some of it was torture, some of it was educational and some of it was fun. So this year I decided to keep going in that direction, but pull even further to the right as it were, and allow Batty to torture me with the worst albums (for me) he could come up with while also making sure that everyone had their chance to throw albums at me I would probably not otherwise have listened to, with the top tens and the suggested albums slot.

Slayer was my own decision; I'd avoided them for so long I thought it was time I faced my fear, y'know, and it wasn't so bad. In fact, given my own personal preferences I think I did quite well steering clear of the usual power, prog and symphonic metal I like to listen to. A triple boxset from Gehenna? Done. Grindcore albums? Done. Er, sort of. Doom metal and sludge metal? Done. Japanese metal? Done. And so on.

Hopefully it's been a decent success and I'll build on this next year. Thanks for commenting again and hope you enjoyed it.

As for Daft Punk? Yeah I decided to give in and see what all the fuss was about, and "Random access memories" really impressed me...