Music Banter - View Single Post - My Album/Song Of The Day
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 08:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Machine
moon lake inc.

Day 14 10/26/14

Sorry for skipping a day for all who are paying attention to this journal I've been extremely busy lately I haven't been able to get on this site as much as I would like. But with that this is the end of album week and moving onto best first songs on albums week.

Radiohead: Kid A

So how do follow up your biggest critical and commercial success yet proving everyone wrong about your one - hit - wonder status; by creating something completely different powering most of the people who liked your previous album not going on a major tour to promote it, release no singles for the album, and go on a 3 year hiatus after the release of OK Computer; seems obvious, right? No it doesn't and that is what makes it such a great album it's stand on being unexpected something completely different. If they would have made OK Computer part 2 it wouldn't have been nearly as interesting as the bleak cold apocalyptic setting that Kid A puts us in. But in another way it is OK Computer's sequel taking a world on the brink of chaos and insanity over the edge. Songs like Kid A, Idiotesque, Everything In It's Right Place, and Morning Bell really exemplify this. This concept of this world gone insane all the way through the album is shown at its brightest in sound. It's cold harsh electronics, minimalistic instrumentation, and dark melodies paint the picture beautifully as it could be in its horrible atmosphere. Everything feels uncomfortable and it should upon first listen it should take time to get used to that's the point. Kid A is Radiohead's true masterpiece trumping OK Computer in sound and ambition despite its shorter running time.

LINK YO

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i6XKgvKZy10
Machine is offline   Reply With Quote