Music Banter - View Single Post - Animal Rights Disproving Itself
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 10:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I didn´t really want to cross swords with the legendary Batlord, but I would like to say this:-

I don´t think I meant to say that we´re all on the same moral ground as the cat kicker, just that the moral divide is not that clear cut.
Also, I associate sadism with the deliberate infliction of pain, often applied, if the movies are to be believed, with slow relish, so I don´t think it´s the right word for what this guy did.
"Mindless" on the other hand is a perfect description. What I saw reminded me of the kind of unthinking cruelty that is not uncommon in small children.
Sadism is just deriving pleasure from someone/something else's pain. And I'd describe calling a cat over and petting it to lull it into a false sense of security as "slow relish".

Quote:
^ I guess you don´t have to worry about this guy´s well-being if you don´t want to, Batlord, but your idea of justice is what? A kind of vigilante escalationism? Luckily it´s all hypothetical, but what should we do to a person who goes around breaking the legs of people who are cruel to animals? Perhaps the person who breaks the legs of the person who kicked the cat should have his tongue ripped out or something ...
Simple. You lock up the vigilante, cause in real life someone like that is probably an unstable sociopath or other kind of mental defective, and then you turn around and knock over the cat kicker's wheelchair.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.

Last edited by The Batlord; 10-26-2014 at 10:44 PM.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote