Music Banter - View Single Post - Time & Place
Thread: Time & Place
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 09:45 AM   #71 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
It's certainly not a coincidence that I've found I enjoy this album far more in the car than I do at home: Saxon really have a knack for writing solid driving tunes. "Princess of the Night", "Midnight Rider", "Fire in the Sky" and "Denim and Leather" are the strongest examples, but even the lesser songs on here magically sound pretty damn good when you're behind the wheel blasting them.
I'd say that Saxon were probably the most representative of all bands of the NWOBHM and as you've said most of their best material revolves around songs designed for driving down a freeway. To get the whole package you need to really listen to Wheels of Steel and Strong Arm of the Law as well, as all three album imo are classic NWOBHM albums, also Bill Byford is in many ways the archetypal metal vocalist of this movement as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I've never liked AC/DC much so maybe that's my issue.
I don't like AC/DC much either, but I'm still a huge Saxon fan.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 10-28-2014 at 10:03 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote