Music Banter - View Single Post - Animal Rights Disproving Itself
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 12:49 AM   #44 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
You're making this out to only be about the people and missing the point- it's not just to protect how we feel about the cat being kicked it's about how the cat feels about being kicked. Gee, what a concept... Extending our species' gift of empathy passed ourselves... whodduhthunkit
fair enough.i tend to take the point of view that laws are supposed to be for the benefit of society. do you agree? if so let me ask you this... do you believe society will really benefit from this kind of law? and if so, then how?

Quote:
And once again I'm saying all animals should have the same rights. If you're only saying this of people who saw the video and then proceed to eat meat or whatever then sure. But my entire premise this whole time has been that we need to treat all animals with respect, not just the ones traditionally raised to be eaten. I've made that pretty clear multiple times.
but the point being made in the video and the point i was reiterating is about the societal hypocrisy concerning how we treat animals. it is all well and good that you are a full fledged animal lover with an internally consistent set of ethics but the majority of people don't abide by your rules. so your purity doesn't actually solve this problem, though it is commendable.

Quote:
What? This: "We aren't serious about giving them rights/autonomy and thus it is hard to take any discussion of their 'rights' seriously imo."?
If so I refer you to my previous paragraph and would appreciate not being lumped in with those who "aren't serious". And if that last sentence is some sort of quip you can shove it. My indulgences don't exclude me from being able to have a discussion like this nor do they discredit my arguments.
sorry but your hostile tone required me to take a shot at you. don't take this **** so serious.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote