Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #21521 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hat€monger ? View Post
I applaud Goofle for listening to it.

At it's worst this place has a very conservative heard mentality where people are content to hide behind listening to obscure and/or critically acclaimed albums. And then they pat themselves on the back on what an awesome diverse and eclectic taste in music they have. Suggest they listen to anything out of that bubble and you may as well be talking to yourself sometimes.

Even with modern mainstream pop people here only really listen to the type deemed acceptable by others almost as if they have to justify it to themselves that it's worthwhile listening to. Heaven help you listen to something unfashionable to like, that's passed off as a 'guilty pleasure'.
Agreed. This is a music forum, seems odd that people will make fun of others based on what they listen to. Seems rather counter productive. Sure I mess with people on what they listen to, but I also see it as an opportunity to try something music wise that I may not have heard once before. God forbid I listen to Linkin Park or Progressive Metal.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote