Music Banter - View Single Post - Jobs & Careers
Thread: Jobs & Careers
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Default Jobs & Careers

What does Music Banter do for work? Where has Music Banter worked? Where does Music Banter want to work?
This thread is for bull****ting about work or bull****ting about how hard it is to find good work.

After 3 years of trying to push my way into the tech industry I finally got my first serious full time job as a cellular systems lab technician back in June. Now I spend 8 hours a day configuring, testing, and building technology that extends cellular coverage into hard to reach areas like skyscrapers, shopping malls, underground parking garages, and tunnels. It's a comfortably challenging mixture of electronics & IT. Basically the engineers score a contract with a big name mobile carrier to design a large cellular system for a particular project, they design the system, they pitch the system to the carrier, the carrier buys it, the hardware is shipped to me, and then I set up and test the entire system before it ships to the carrier for use in their project. On slow days I'm either repairing devices, assembling electronics, laser engraving, or troubleshooting systems over the phone. Sometimes I get to work on wire-tapping systems for the government / penitentiaries, sometimes I'm working on coverage systems for airports, sometimes I'm working on radio networks for oil rigs in Northern Canada, and I never have to leave the lab. It's a pretty killer first job and I plan on sticking around as long as I can.

2 years ago I was a cashier in a dollar store.
Before that I was roofing / working construction.

There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote