Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 08:11 PM   #2479 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briks View Post
Popularity isn't relevant when it comes to quality, and Paranoid is overrated in my opinion. Also, long albums aren't necessarily better than short ones. Reign in Blood is a short, but effective brutality attack.
When did I ever say that? In any comparison of this sort you have to take popularity into account, though it was by no means the only criterion used, as you can see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Wait, so you've been spending half of metal month whining about how long a lot of the tracks on the albums are but you award a point to the longest track in the track to track length comparison?
You know, to paraphrase Urban to me a day or so ago: all the work that went into that, all the time spent on it, all the data collected and all the factors involved, and THIS is all you got from it? Bitching about two small areas which, while certainly relevant, did not by themselves determine the outcome. I loked at as many different angles as I could, tried taking into account every aspect of each album, and came to my logical conclusion --- which I don't agree with, but it is what it is.

You know what? If you two are so smart, try doing it yourselves. It was not easy I can tell you.

Also, at Frown: remember when I reviewed the Sigh album? I was worrying about "Slaughterhouse suite", which ran for 15 minutes, but when I got to it I loved it, and didn't want it to end. I take a little offence at your contention that I bitched about the longer songs. I think I gave everything a fair listen, skipped virtually nothing and in some cases completely changed my mind on the longer tracks, in some did not. It's all relative anyway.