Music Banter - View Single Post - Fake Mainstream S-hit
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2014, 10:20 PM   #38 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
People like pizza because the food industry markets it as the best food out there to meet their agenda. If people would start eating foods like calzones maybe we wouldn't see this saturation of the market that were seeing now. It's not like it used to be, when all types of food were popular instead of this fake and mass produced dish.
People like pizza because it taste good. The pizza isn't the problem, it's the fact it is being subject to mass production. At one time for a family own business since the ingredients were cheap it was profitable for a small family run business. Think of the ending to "The Internship" the owner like the fact he hand picked his own ingredients at the local market. On the other-hand franchise food chains have everything down to literally a science. What temperature the food is store, how much should be used, what temperature and how long it is cooked etc. Most of the stuff in a food chain is prepare before hand and frozen before it is distributed. Something about frozen food that zaps taste out of it. There are certain conveniences of franchise restaurants that appeal to the public - I am skeptical it is because of taste that they are popular. I think for the casual yet discriminating connoisseur family own pizzerias and local diners are much better than large franchises.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote