Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 06:32 PM   #21538 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Recently watched the documentary Scott Walker 30th Century man and really enjoyed it and although it seems to me that Scott Walker's solo stuff will take some listening to, they did play a couple of tracks from the Walker Brothers 'comeback' album Nite Flights which was released in 1977 and what a fascinating oddity it is. Far from the wholesome music they pumped out in the 60's this is a left field slice of Pop that sounds completely different to what was in the mainstream at the time. It is up there with Bowie's Berlin years trilogy of albums. It is deceptively deep in scope and off the wall but at the same time very accessible. I urge everyone to listen to this.

First album for nearly 10 years from one of Death Metal's original and best bands. Wearing their Celtic Frost influences firmly on their sleeves this is a chugging riff laden beast. Old school

Alt - J - An Awesome Wave. A british 'indie' band of whom I had heard the name a couple of times but never bothered with until one of their tunes popped on Sons of Anarchy S6 which I really liked. I actually thought they were American because their sound doesn't really center at all on the typical guitar sound of most British Indie bands but sort of drift through Ambient Electronica, Folk and Art Rock. A very pleasant surprise.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote