Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 07:04 PM   #21541 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Continuing with some 2007 re-visiting for my 2007 top 10. These are not necessarily top 10 contenders, some are just items from my collection I feel like re-visiting no matter what.

Radiohead - In Rainbows (2007)
I like this quite a bit but sometimes it feels too sad. Couple of really excellent songs though, "15 Step" and "All I Need".

Band of Horses - Cease to Begin (2007)
I've never liked the opener of this album, "Is There a Ghost". I don't hate it, just don't like it. But I enjoy the rest as much as their debut.

Hot Cross - Risk Revival (2007)
For a while this was my favorite album of 2007. I'm far less into screamo these days but I still enjoy it, since it's as much post-hardcore as screamo to me. Like At the Drive-In, for example.

Not Breathing - The Black Old Pueblo (2007)
Wow, 7 years later and I'm still the only one that's rated this on RYM. At least it has a good rating as a result. IDM with electro-industrial tendencies, very good.

Menomena - Friend and Foe (2007)
First album I heard from them, back in 2007, but I like their latest album Moms best.

of Montreal - Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? (2007)
That long song in the middle - "The Past Is a Grotesque Animal" - is such a drag and feels like an album closer. I otherwise like much of the album.

Other Men - Wake Up Swimming (2007)
Resurrection of Rob Crow's pre-Pinback band Heavy Vegetable. Sounds like a more upbeat, mathy Pinback without Zach Smith's great bass playing and backing vocals. Good stuff.