Music Banter - View Single Post - Psychlub 3: Everybody Knows We Got Nowhere - The Heads
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2014, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Psy-Fi
Aficionado of Fine Filth

I'm ready to go, so I guess I'll leave the first review...

If I ever find myself driving late at night, feeling drowsy, and out of strong, black coffee, this is the album I'll play to keep myself awake.
Unfortunately, that'll be the only other time I'll probably ever get the urge to listen to it again.
There were some interesting moments and some humorous moments which, unfortunately, were mostly bludgeoned out rather quickly by a constant, relentless pounding of harsh, heavy psych noise rock. Just as I would find myself getting into something that sounded promising, it would be blasted away at full force by some repetitive instumental riffing that turned tedious rather quickly.
I had a tough time getting through this one to the end. In fact, it started to grate on my nerves by the 3rd song in. This album sounds like more of a meth-head's sonic trip than an acid-head's. Certainly not my cup of psychedelic tea.

Some interesting spots but not enough worthwhile moments for me to give it more than a 5/10

She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote