Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Banter Awards 2014: Phase 1 - Discussion / Categories
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #46 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Nice to see this is in full swing.

I can't think of a decent category which hasn't been mentioned so far.
I think there should be two avatar categories

The most artsy/coolest looking avatar.
The most ironic/funny avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Thanks, Ki.

^ Thinking about it, Urban makes a good point, though I´m not sure how easy it is to separate posting from personality. For instance people enjoy using categories like Most Like To Meet and Sexiest Member, etc.

On the other hand, we never have an award for Ugliest Member because we all know that would be cruel. It´s ok to elect someone as Inane or Worst Debater though. So what are the criteria here? Perhaps we should be considering the thorny question of eliminating all the negative awards, which have caused some probs in the past. It would mean sacrificing a bit of fun in order to avoid any hurt. I´m inclined to think it´s a price worth paying TBH

Also, unless it´s absolutely clear that it´s a joke, the award of Biggest Troll, is hardly designed to discourage trolling, is it?
Not to glorify the former members who behaved trollishly and got prema-banned for it, we should lock in The Batlord for Biggest Troll of the Year.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote