Music Banter - View Single Post - Self-defense: a white privilege?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 04:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
Soulflower
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Larehip View Post
Wow, are you ever naive.

Yes, you certainly can be incarcerated without a grand jury or a trial. If you then go to trial and are found guilty, the judge will usually mark off your time that you already served but he doesn't have to.

In the McMartin Preschool school case, one of the accused served 5 years in a sexual offenders wing of a penitentiary (because he was deemed as too dangerous to be free) before he ever went to trial only to be acquitted from lack of evidence.

In another case, a guy was arrested by the DEA over a pot bust, was locked in a holding cell and left there for 5 days without food or water.

I'd suggest you educate yourself about this "judicial system" because you're going to get quite a surprise.
Exactly.

This is what I was referring to when I said the protocol was not done right.

Usually once someone is charged, they get a warrant for their arrest and once arrested, they go straight to jail until they get bail.

This was not the case for that police officer. The family of Michael Brown wanted to charged the police officer but the police department/city would not allowed it. "They wanted more evidence"

He shot that boy 6 six times!! They have a video tape of the incident and multiple witnesses said that the boy surrendered and the cop still shot him anyway, what more evidence is needed? Here it is November and that cop is still not charged?

Damn shame.
Soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote