Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2014, 04:58 PM   #21567 (permalink)
Blarobbarg
Do good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holerbot6000 View Post
I made an Amoeba Records run yesterday and was kind of taken aback at the lack of back stock. Pickin's were kinda slim and that is a drag because Amoeba is one of the very few retailers we have left in these parts. I keep hearing that this vinyl boom is causing records to be so expensive, there is just no margin of profit for the retailers. That's another thread though.

Alice Coltrane - A Monastic Trio - Brand new re-release of Alice's debut solo record. One of her absolute best!
Oh my gosh that sounds amazing. I love Alice. She was a really exemplary example of how jazz can almost become a spiritual exercise. I love the way she incorporates those beautiful, heavenly harp sounds into the music. I'll definitely be checking this out.

And speaking of jazz...

I've listened to this countless times, but I'm reading his autobiography and hearing about how he actually made the record really got me in the mood to listen again with fresh ears. As always, it's incredible. Funky, groovy, and I really only just now appreciate how ground breaking and important it was, and still is. I'll probably be listening to much of his discography in the coming days.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote