Music Banter - View Single Post - The Country, Folk & World Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 06:09 AM   #336 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
I was just digging through some old cassettes in the basement, and happened upon a 1977 release of Greatest Hits, Etc. The sound quality is surprisingly good. I'd had my eyes peeled for a copy in various used record stores for the past few weeks. Serendipity.
Hey! That´s lucky, Pet Sounds - especially as you still seem to have a cassette player. (My last cassette player died about six months back and I decided against replacing it.) There are some very nice tracks on that compilation. From memory, my faves were the one about the Mayflower, and the one about "my momma loves me." The last is reputedly about the only time that PS mentions his mother in a song, so some reviewers analyse it to bits. IMO it´s just PS enjoying a song; why assume it has some confessional significance?

Anyway, this is a recommendation thread, right? and this clip is also a result of serendipity - I found it while I was looking for the Joi Bangla Banned, but I actually like it more than the genuine search results:-

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 11-03-2014 at 06:18 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote