Music Banter - View Single Post - Nick Cave is Better Than All The Artists That Have Threads In Here
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #270 (permalink)
Holerbot6000
Music Mutant

Did anyone catch Nick and the Seeds on Austin City Limits? Funny to catch the boys on Public TV but they put on a hell of a show. It's interesting to see the Mach III version of the Seeds in a live situation. They are a very different band than the one I saw on the Murder Ballads tour. Warren Ellis is the musical heart of the band now. Where Mick Harvey developed a lush, orchestral sound, Ellis pares things back to a more harsh, skeletal sonic palette that is equally compelling.

Funnily enough, the bulk of the show was taken up with extended versions of pitch black early songs like 'Tupelo', 'From Her to Eternity' and 'The Mercy Seat'. It was nice to see that Nick has lost none of his incantatory power in conjuring these older songs. Barry Adamson was back in the fold also, which was very cool.

I thought 'Push the Sky' was a very good album, and I look forward to whatever these guys do next.