Music Banter - View Single Post - Sci / Tech News
Thread: Sci / Tech News
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Default Sci / Tech News

I've been searching but haven't found any general threads for science & technology news.
So here is a general science & technology news thread. Post about progress, problems, and culture in STEM fields.

The last Pirated Bay co-founder, Fredrik Neij, has been arrested:
Last Pirate Bay co-founder arrested after living on the lam in Laos | Ars Technica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArsTechnica
Neij’s arrest marks the third and final member of the remaining Swedish defendants who were originally convicted in 2009 for aiding copyright infringement. All members have lost all their appeals since. The men claim to no longer own The Pirate Bay, and it has continued to remain functional over the years.

Neij’s lawyer, Jonas Nilsson, confirmed the arrest to Sveriges Radio.

"Fredrik called me yesterday and explained that he was in Bangkok... he had been arrested," he said. "As far as I know, staff from the Swedish embassy are on their way to where he is. He has been told that he will be taken to Sweden."

Last week, fellow co-founder Gottfrid Svartholm Warg was sentenced in Denmark to 3.5 years in prison for illegally hacking a government database. Svartholm Warg had been living in Cambodia before he was extradited to Sweden in 2013, and he was later extradited to Denmark.

Earlier this year, Peter Sunde, the longtime spokesman for The Pirate Bay and another co-founder, was arrested in Sweden after living openly in Berlin and traveling around Europe. In March 2013, the European Court of Human Rights unanimously dismissed Sunde’s appeal as “inadmissible,” finding that the existing Swedish conviction did not violate his human rights.

In 2010, a Swedish appellate court reduced their prison sentences to between four and ten months each. However, their collective fine was increased to 46 million Swedish kronor ($6.8 million), so they appealed again. In February 2012, the Swedish Supreme Court declined to hear the case, effectively ending the legal battle in Sweden, but the government had a tough time enforcing its judgment.
The new HP Sprout computer:
Projector, 3D scanner, and touchscreen PC combined into arts & crafts armageddon.

There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote