Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 02:21 PM   #1112 (permalink)
madeinNY
[[la de da diddy da]]

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
as requested by our animal abusing friend ( alejo )..

unlike the death penalty, these two subjects i'm a little iffy about. essentially, my religious background makes me pro life, so on a principle, i'm against both. but there are certain cases in which i'm not so sure, for example, when a mother's life is in danger and the fetus is abnormal ( and i don't mean stuff like down syndrome ).

oddly enough ( or not so odd ) my sisters are pro choice, but i get the feeling that they take it too lightly, from what i've heard, the choice is not so easy to make and it has serious psychological consequences on the woman.

i'm of the opinion that life starts at the moment of the conception. also, i'm of the opinion that people who are having sex need to be aware of the possibility that they could make a child ( no contraceptive is 100%.....except vasectomy ...snip snip....) and i think that it's the ultimate selfish act of such people to decide to have an abortion when such a thing happens.

but like i say, it's not all black and white ( in cases of rape or when the couple is not in a great situation financially ), but again, in both such cases, my opinion is that the deed is done, a life has been created and it's not the child's fault of either. putting the child up for adoption seems like a better solution.

as far as assisted suicide, this i'm even more unclear about. again, i'm of the opinion that life and death are in the hands of God, man should not interfere. also, i think that everything we go through in life has a purpose, and pain also has it's purpose.....but.....even though ,from this position, i don't think i personally could do it, i honestly don't know what i would do if one of my family members is in unbearable pain and is begging for it to stop.....i just don't know......again, my religious beliefs come into play here, even if i was to do something like that, i would not consider it ok and i would be very much afraid of the impact such an act has had on my soul and my after life.....

k, heres Lexxi's take on this....

Abortion-only ok if the mother or child's life is at risk. Also only ok if the child is a rape baby, (child made by mother being raped, and mother isn't ready or just can't handle a child at this point in her life.)

Assisted Suicide-Only ok if the person is terminally ill or in a living hell (physically...mentally people could try to find help in a psychiatrist.)...also should only be done by lethal injection....

Just MO.