Music Banter - View Single Post - Wayne Static dead at 48
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
CoNtrivedNiHilism
Because I Am, I Can!

Well, sure is nice to see no bashing on the guy, haha I guess I figured there'd be a bit since I'm sure there are plenty here that dislike Static-X, anyway...

A lot of people were trying to say it was drug related, some as if they were there to see him do some sort of drug before he went to bed, but he was with his wife that entire day before they retired to call it a day. Plus, Wayne and his Pighammer album was a dedication to his sobriety from hard drugs or drugs in general. The dude was sober, and his wife said he was clean. Wayne died in his sleep, so I am happy he didn't die in pain or anything.

I always liked Static-X, honestly one of the the small number of nu-metal bands that took on far more influence from thrash to actually be more than a few steps above the blandness of their fellow genre mates. All in all, Static-X were always more thrash than nu-metal.

So yeah, I'm still more than bummed over this. Had hopes for a true Static-X reunion with original members and maybe one final album.
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote