Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2014, 01:13 PM   #16928 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Note: I'm posting this in The Bitch Box and my comic book journal, because A.) I want to bitch, and B.) I feel that this is an important step in my descent into comic book nerdery. If any mod has a problem with that, then please delete the Bitch Box post and not my journal one.

Now, I just went up to the comic book shop to pick up the new Harley Quinn annual---it was a special scratch 'n' sniff issue, so digital didn't suffice. Annuals are more expensive than normal issues, because they're special and bigger, and this issue was priced around $6.00, so this was already bull****. Unfortunately the shop was out of the issue with the normal cover, but they did have versions with the variant cover... for $14.99... and $15.88 with ****ing tax! I stared long and hard at that comic, before of course caving in and getting it anyway---Hey, if I'm going to go out of my way to actually buy a special issue, then I might as well go all out, right? Still, it was a serious hit.

To make matters worse, I'd only had twenty bucks and still wanted a pack of cigarettes. So of course I went up to the gas station, and like a ****ing broke-ass, asked the cashier, "You got any non-menthols for less than $4.20?", to which she naturally shook her head in vaguely indifferent pity. So, being a true fiend, I went all the ****ing way back to my house to get some pocket change---which I'd meant to take in the first place, but forgotten like a retard---and came back to buy a pack that only cost twenty cents more than I'd originally had (natch). On the upside though, I now have the most expensive comic book this side of Action Comics #1, and a well-earned pack of smokes. So... I guess it's all good.

Now, I can't hold this against Harley, as any character awesome enough to make me drop sixteen bucks on one issue is worthy only my adoration, but DC can kiss my ass. I'll let Jay and Silent Bob express my feelings toward DC Comics...

It is a pretty awesome variant cover though.

Spoiler for Harley Quinn Annual #1 variant cover:
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote