Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 03:17 AM   #14614 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOCH6 View Post
I had no idea it was originally a Japanese novel. I'm a pretty huge fan of Japanese cyberpunk myself and certainly would have preferred seeing the film geared more towards that sort of style. Speaking of Westernizing beautiful Japanese classics, I bet you've heard that a live-action American Ghost in the Shell is in the works.
No I hadn't but it seems very doable, I'll google it after this post. It will likely be okay, it seem like it's probably one of the more translatable series for American adaption.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
I saw interstellar. Non-nerds may not find it interesting as the acting was meh and the story was meh-it felt sort of rushed to me. They could have cut some parts out and spent more time explaining the story honestly.

It was long, like...3 hours, but I was fully entertained for the entire thing. I really liked it when they started explaining extremely technical things like gravitational pulls, the fluidity of time and time distortion...damn, it was a nerds dream.
I just saw this. The sum of the film is better than it's parts. Very well done, and worth seeing for the experience. Surprised to see Christoper Nolan wrote the screenplay as well.

It has some same spiritual themes as other films like it. Left quite a impression visual and otherwise. Covers a ton of ground. The intro scene was interesting, time in the film was intentionally muddled and blurry while the narrative is actually fairly clear in retrospect.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote